For the past month at my church, we’ve been doing a sex & dating class. To be completely honest, it wasn’t anything new. I taught a class a year ago to the freshman & sophomore girls in my youth group based on the book “And the Bride Wore White”, and it went amazingly well. But this year, it seemed it was last year’s study, on repeat. But at the same time, it was fun to experience the lessons with a new set of girls, and as a student, instead of leader.
But tonight was our last lesson in the series, and us girls were asked to make a list of characteristics of the “perfect guy”. Here is myyy list :]
– follower of Christ.
– honorable & trustworthy.
– loves kids and youth.
– interest in music & art!
– LOVES church (I don’t want to have to feel like I have to force him to go..)
– likes me for ME (sweatpants, no makeup, alllll that).
– is a t r u e gentleman.
– thinks of the small things (flowers. opens my door. etc)
– supportive (of my goals, of my hobbies, whatever).
– heart for missions.
– smart (duh..).
– can challenge me spiritually.
– will NOT make me compromise my future, or my standards.
– is my best friend.
– taller than me! (I can’t even begin to say how annoying it would be if I was the tall one..)
– will do Bible studies with me :]
– respects meee.
– puts God before me.
– doesn’t intimidate me.
– can cook (well). ha.
– WILL DO HOUSEWORK (please. :] )
– wants the things I do, same goals, etc.
– someone I can be ME around.
– is waiting for me, right now. Someone who will stay pure for me.
– believes in the same things as I do.
– treats his mom/sisters well.
– leader of the family.
– doesn’t run away from his problems.
…. I was told I was being picky.
Personally, I don’t think so.
I know what I want in my future husband… and I will stick with this.
With prayer, and lots of faith in God, this man will come around :]