2010 is going to be quite lovely, if you ask me.
like jamie has pointed out, everyone is so hopeful for this new year, it is amazing. i’ve never noticed, until now, just how awesome the start of a new year can really be. it means so many things. new goals, new traditions, new memories. everything is brand new. it’s a new start.
so, like everyone else in the world, i have my goals for 2010. things i am determined to accomplish.
learn to crochet. seriously, i’ve been putting this off for months. i think it scares me.
2. go to a “real” party. like, a high school kind of party. i’ve never done that. ever.
3. read my bible. (jamie and i should become bible buddies. keep each other in check. ha!)
4. read at least 2 books per month. starting with The Hours.
5. keep a year long art journal. try to do one page a day. or maybe every other day. we’ll see.
6. learn. to. cook.
7. go to new york city over the summer with my mom.
8. raise my gpa. since i’ve given up on my ACT score… i’ll try a little harder with the gpa. haha.
9. write the best personal narrative ever on cutting.
10. join a sorority in college! (HECK YES).
11. attempt vegetarianism… again.
12. be more outgoing.
make lists, and get things done more effeciently.
not cry all the time.
15. make every last grandma night count :] (only 6 more months left of these :/ )
16. become less dependent on my cell phone.
17. eat healthier.
18. get a job (that would definitely be ok with me. and my parents).
i can’t really think of any more.
but trust me, if i do, they will be added to this list.
and crossed off when accomplished.
(colby and i went to target the other night, and every time we go, its just a given that we stop and try on sunglasses, and photograph it. plus, in that one trip to springfield, i had like way too many pumpkin spice lattes. or so it seemed. haha.)
how is 2010 treating you so far?
for me, it’s been a glorious mix of sleeping in, watching degrassi (most of the day), momma’s awesome cabbage soup, and playing games and watching movies with grandma.
Grandma won every round of Boggle… but may I assure you… I totally DOMINATED at Yahtzee. For serious. 8 yahtzee’s in 5 games! Holy gosh! That neverrr happens. So yeah. I’m pretty awesome :]
And so is 2010.
Let this be a wonderfully amazing year.
Make it a good one; full of adventure, curiosity, love, inspiration, and beautiful memories.
p.s. it’s my official graduation year! i thought this would never come! :D