I thought I’d post a little “19 before 20” list. :)
1. Read 10 books (MUST read: The Hours, Revolutionary Road, The Bus Driver Who Wanted To Be God)
2. Start OTC, and refine those baking skills. I gotta bakery to open up in 3 years, dude!
3. Move out of my parents’s home.
4. Take a road trip with Colby Kern.
5. Go to some shows with my boyfriend (MUST see: Band of Horses, Kate Nash)
6. Learn to quilt.
7. Make a pen pal, and… keep the pen pal.
8. Send at least 10 cute projects in the mail to Emily (the boyfriend’s 6 year old niece).
9. Plan a wedding (in my head for now..)
10. Do 3 photo shoots with Colby Kern.
11. Get another tattoo (“For I bear on my body the scars that show I belong to Jesus Christ” on my right side… its gonna huuuurt).
12. Start saving for mine and Tyler’s future.
13. Paint at least twice a month (24 paintings total).
14. Do the “first year of college” Bible study that my youth pastor gave me.
15. Blog more. And with an actual purpose.
16. Find a new coffee shop to become my “regular” spot. Starbucks just ain’t workin’ for meee.
17. Get engaged (not that I can control this, or anything..ha).
18. Restart my Etsy.
19. Remember birthdays, holidays, random gift giving times, etc. (I’m a terrible gift-giver)
:) There ya have it.
I’ll do a check in with this list every 2 months. So, expect an update on September 22!
Anyways… going on.
Today, I baked from scratch red velvet cupcakes, and I also made my very own cream cheese icing. Yum, yum, yum. Seriously. I wish you all could come over and eat these delicious cupcakes with me! They are seriously the best I’ve everrr made. There ya go. Proof that I am meant to own a bakery someday ;)
I went to the tea room and had a nice, long, confessional-esque chat with one of my close friends today. She got her first tattoo on Wednesday! She got hers on her ribcage, and its fairly large. For a first tattoo, that’s pretty intense. Brave girl :)
Then, Tyler took me out for dinner, coffee, and a movie. We saw Inception… although I started getting sleepy (it didn’t get out until a little after midnight), I have to say that it has one of the most original plots I’ve seen in the past few years. It was a freaking miiind trip. I loved it though.
Now, I’m just sort of dealing with some anxiety issues, and hopefully heading to bed soon.
This was just a filler blog post because I can’t sleep worth anything… even though that entire ride back home from Springfield, I was OUT. Funny how you can’t sleep once you actually get into bed. :(
Anyways, thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday. It really was a great one.
Party on, yo.
P.s. If you haven’t already hear, my friend Janel is in the process of saving up for adoption! Go check out her blog, where she’s posted links to some other blogs/shops that are helping her out with the fundraising (you can click on the little link below to go to her blog). It’s a wonderfully beautiful cause to support. Every single child deserves a loving home, and Miss Janelly Bean has a golden heart with lots of room for a new baby :) So help her out!